Thursday 14 November 2013

Bheeshma praises Karna

Bheeshma drinks  from water fountain that rose by the arrow of Arjuna. He sighs in satisfaction.he talks to Arjuna in this manner.you are such a great warrior and a powerful man.enemity with you brings hardships and nothing else. In spite of severe warnings from us,Duryodhana did not realise it. He is paying very dearly for it now.at the end he would  be at the mercy of Bheema and his powerful beatings.
Turning towards Duryodhana ,he advises him like this.you hand over half of the kingdom along with Indraprastha to Dharmaraju.it would be really good if atleast the remaining ones survive from this massacre.
Both the sides did not reply and kept quiet to this advise. It was actually too late to retrieve.they saluted him and went to their homes.
Karna came and stood before Bheeshma and saluted him.Bheeshma took hold of his hand ,dragged him nearer and hugged him.he told the servants standing to go aside and talked to karna.Karna! Are you angry with me?you are not ordinary. Your birth was very special and you were born as boon of god.no mortal can equal you in any respect.you are the son of Kuntheedevi.so,ypu are also a pandava by right.so be with pandavas. As you are the eldest of them,you would be crowned as king after this war. Because. Pandavas are going to win this war at the end.
Karna replied him in this fashion.I know that I am the son of kunthee.elders like you revealed to me this secret of my birth.after knowing all these things,how can I mingle with them and be freinds with them.Duryodhana helped me a lot. He is my best friend. How can I leave him in this hour of need and change my affections now.would it be justified on my part ,if I leave Duryodhana and join hands with pandavas at this crucial juncture?I would do what is right and justified now.he told these words in a confident manner without any wavering of mind.
Bheeshma praised him for his stability of mind.I know you are such a great soul.you are capable of it.your strength would help duryodhana immensely.I am permitting you to do war now.karna was happy to have this talk with Bheeshma. He happily went to his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment