Tuesday 5 November 2013

Bheeshma accepts chief of army post conditionally

While pandavas started for the warfield,meny hints. Occured that they wouldbe the winners.helpers took the necessary equipment needed for the soldiers and warriors to the warfield.pandavas and their well wishers were marching to the field along with their armies.they reached the banks of HIranvathee river .they thought that it was the appropriate place for their halt.sree krishna blew his conch,paanchajanyam,as a mark that they would halt there.dharmaraju and his brothers also blew their conches.they made the preparations for their halt and constructed a royal palace for kings.
Dhrushtadyumna verified the place and fenced it properly.
In the mean time,duryodhana went to bheeshma and saluted him.he told the names of the warriors whom he had selected as leaders od akshouhinis.but he wanted an able leader to supervise everyone of them.you are the only one who is capable of doing it. So,I request you to be the army chief.
Then,bheeshma replied like this.both kouravas and pandavas are same to me.but as I am staying with you,I would go to war on your side.no one can win over me as under my surveilence.but I can not defeat Arjuna.my hand and mind would not permit me to kill pandavas. All others,I can chase and defeat.but I would accept thisost on the condition,that as long as I am on the warfield ,karna would not  enter the warfield. 
Karma also agreed to that condition. He reiterated that earlier also,he said the same thing.only after Bheeshma falls ,Karna would enetr warfield.Bheeshma appreciated Karnas decision.every thing was settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment